Professional wedding photography cameras need to be high fps in continuous shooting, have excellent accuracy in autofocus and be really fast, so you don’t miss the moment of the bride and the groom.
All of the DSLR wedding photography cameras on this list, also do video really well.
This is my list of best wedding photography cameras of 2018.
Why the Nikon D850 is a perfect wedding camera for wedding photography
The Nikon d850 is one of the most popular DSLR cameras used by professional wedding photographers and for good reasons. Also, it’s an amazing camera for doing shallow depth of field.
- Up to 9 fps continuous shooting at full resolution with autofocus performance.
- 45.7 megapixels that result in stunning wedding photos.
- 14.4 stops.
- 25.3 bits of color depth.
- 4K Ultra HD video
- Amazing camera DSLR camera at a really low price.
- Megapixels: 24.2
- Sensor Size: 35mm Full-frame
- Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking
What makes the Sony A9 one of my favorite wedding photography cameras, is the dual card slot, really fast and accurate autofocus, plus the battery time.
- Mirrorless camera for wedding photography
- Megapixels: 24.3
- Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder
- 16 Film simulation modes
You can’t make a list of the best cameras for wedding photography, without including the excellent Canon 5d mark IV. I mean, just read the crazy positive reviews on Amazon.
Buying your next camera for wedding photography
- Get a Digital SLR camera with great ISO-range for low light situations during the wedding.
- Enhanced noise reduction is a plus.
- Dual card slots for more reliable data storage.
- Get a full frame wedding photography camera
- A weatherproof body might be something you would want.
- how to get shallow depth of field in your photos
The most important tips for wedding photography
No matter what DSLR camera or lens you buy for wedding photography or bridal portraits, remember the camera doesn’t take the wedding photo – you do. Here are some tips that will make you a better wedding photography – besides having an incredible DSLR Camera for wedding photography:
Pay attention and get close
I can’t underline this enough.
Wedding photography is all about capturing those intimate moments on this special day, and a lot of those wedding moments are very subtle – and buying best wedding photography camera in the world, can help you with this. In fact, I’ve seen a lot of great weddings shots taken with Instax Polaroid cameras, by wedding guests, which just goes to show it’s all about capturing the moment.
A subtle gesture during the wedding can be a brides hand-gesture or a mother’s look. The moments will be there throughout the wedding, and if you don’t pay attention, you won’t be able to get close and catch it.
Market yourself as a professional wedding photographer
I wrote a large guide on how to do social media & marketing as a photographer. Which is highly relevant weddings photographers, as it’s maybe the most competitive genre in photography. In the guide, I teach Instagram Marketing and I have even included weddings photography hashtags to use.