I’m Frederik Trovatten (@trovatten on Instagram)
An entrepreneur with 10 years of digital marketing experience who just happen to fall in love with photography.
In my past, I consulted fortune 500 companies, startups, and NGOs on how to execute their social media & online marketing strategy.
And now I put all that experience into my marketing guide for photographers.
In The Photographer’s Guide to Social Media & Marketing, I share all my marketing tips and ideas tailored specifically to photographers.
This guide touches everything we as photographers can do to market ourselves online. How to get more followers and how to pick which photo-sharing website to invest our time in.
You can get a sneak-peak of my chapter about how to find journalists that will publish your photos.
I touch upon the best tips, tricks, and ideas on how to build a bigger following on the most popular photo-sharing sites.
How to grow your followers on social media
- Instagram Marketing: The pros and cons of sharing your photography on Instagram.
- Even Linkedin
Why I made The Photographer’s Guide to Social Media & Marketing
Last year, I decided to pick up my first camera.
I immediately realized photography is something I want to do for the rest of my life.
When I started sharing my photos on Flickr and Instagram, I took the same approach as I do when I consult companies on social media & digital marketing.
Today, I’m getting around 1300+ new Instagram followers a month and testing every photography and photo sharing websites like Ello, 500px, and Flickr.
And I made this photography marketing course, to show other photographers how to get more people to see their work.
In 2008, I got my first digital marketing job.
Fast forward ten years, I’ve now had the pleasure of consulting international investment banks, pharma companies, NGOs and startups in digital marketing & social media.
I’ve always wanted to combine my primary skills in Online Marketing & Social Media with something I’m passionate about. So when I began my photography career it was obvious to create a free photography marketing guide.
I’m specialized in the following online marketing skills
Photography SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Social Media Marketing
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter Advertising
Blogging & Website optimization
Do you need this photography marketing guide?
This guide is for every photographer who wants more people to see their photos.
So unless you don’t care about people seeing your photos, then it is for you.
This Photography Marketing Guide is free, and at some point, I will release a paid version too.
In the guide, I will give you specific tips on how to do social media and digital marketing if you are doing one of the following types of photography:
Instagram hashtags for popular photography genres
- Street Photography tags: This is what I do and I’ll share with you how I do it myself.
- Portraits Photography: Portraiture, places & faces.
- Black & White hashtags: For people who don’t like colors.
- Wedding Photography: Market yourself as a wedding photographer.
- Landscape Photography: I already have a lot of content for landscape photographers.
- Fashion & Editorial Photography: This relays heavily on networking, but don’t’ disregarding social media.
- Wildlife photography: For photographers who are into the wild.
- Film & Polaroid photography: The old school 35 mm & new Instax camera.
- Fine art photography: The aesthetically pleasing photos.
- Photojournalism & press photography: For people documenting the world.
- Food Photography: For people taking photos of food.
- Macro Photography: For photographers getting close-up.
- Long Exposure photography: For cars, lights, nights and water.
- Drone & Aerial photography
- I will also go in-depth on how to make money as a photographer.
My own photography
I look forward to welcoming you to my social media & marketing course for photographers. Everything I’ve learned about getting more followers on Instagram, ideas for building more visibility on Flickr and strategies, tips & tricks to utilize every photography website out there will be sent directly to your inbox, for free.